Disclaimer: I will be doing a weekly notes sheet for the rest of the season and will get deeper into the statistics each week!
- #9 Cincinnati @ #16 SMU (-2.5, O/U 55.5)
Weather: 70 and Sunny
Cincy: 2019 leading WR Alec Pierce Knee (has been out for year).
SMU: Star WR Reggie Roberson Jr. Knee (out for year), Backup RB TJ McDaniel Ankle (out for year).
SMU: Ranked #4 in total offense and #42 in total defense.
Cincy: Ranked #47 in total offense and #12 in total defense.
- SMU’s #5 ranked passing attack vs. Cincy’s #11 ranked passing defense.
- Will SMU’s offensive powerhouse stay afloat without Roberson?
Notes: Classic offense vs defense battle. Lean Offense/home team (SMU) laying less than a field goal.
2) Oklahoma (-6.5, O/U 60) @ TCU
Weather: 70 and Sunny
Oklahoma: Nothing new of recently.
TCU: Star starting center Esteban Avila is questionable with an undisclosed injury suffered 2 weeks ago against Kansas State (should play though).
Oklahoma: Ranked #10 in total offense and #20 in total defense.
TCU: Ranked #26 in total offense and defense.
- Oklahoma 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings against TCU.
- Oklahoma’s #6 ranked passing attack vs. TCU’s #16 ranked passing defense.
Notes: Oklahoma makes too much sense as a less than touchdown favorite. Rattler > Duggan and it is not even close. Game will come down to TCU being able to keep up with OU and I do not see it happening.
3) Auburn (-3, O/U 70.5) @ Ole Miss
Weather: 75 and Sunny
Ole Miss: Starting DB Jakorey Hawkins sat out the last game due to an unlisted issue (not sure if he will be available or not).
Auburn: Starting RB Shaun Shivers missed last three games and is still questionable this Saturday with an undisclosed injury.
Ole Miss: Ranked #7 in total offense and #76 (second to last in the NCAA right now) in total defense.
Auburn: Ranked #57 in total offense and #34 in total defense.
- Can Auburn finally get going against a defense allowing 580 yards a game?
- Can Auburn keep up with Ole Miss’s explosive offense?
Notes: On paper, this is a mismatch on the offensive side of the ball and it may be time we just admit Bo Nix is not who we thought he was! *Insert Dennis Green Gif* Leaning the home dawg with the points.
4) #23 NC State @ #14 UNC (-14.5, O/U 60.5)
Weather: 81 and Sunny
NC State: Starting QB David Leary out indefinitely (shin).
UNC: Nothing new of note.
NC State: Ranked #48 in total offense and #47 in total defense.
UNC: Ranked #9 in total offense and #29 in total defense.
Biggest Storyline: How will the #23 ranked Wolfpack play with backup QB Bailey Hockman?
Notes: Do not let the rankings fool you. Bailey Hockman STINKS, the guy is horrible, and for an offense that has already sort of struggled to score points this year bringing a guy like Hockman in will not help. UNC will come out hungry after last week’s heartbreaker to FSU, Lay the points, and lay them heavy. Sort of leaning the under here as well.
5) Temple @ Memphis (-13.5, O/U 70)
Weather: 67 and Cloudy
Memphis: Nothing new of note.
Temple: Starting linebacker Isiah Graham-Mobley questionable with an ankle injury sustained 2 weeks ago.
Memphis: Ranked #3 in total offense and dead last #77 in total defense.
Temple: Ranked #34 in total offense and #13 in total defense.
Biggest Storyline: Can Anthony Russo and the Owl’s get going against the worst passing defense in the nation?
Notes: Take the rankings with a grain of salt as temple has the #1 passing defense right now, but it is only calculated from two games against two teams who barely throw the ball in Navy and USF. On the other side, Brady White and the Tigers can score in bunches. Leaning pretty heavy on the over.
6) Louisiana (-2.5, O/U 50) @ UAB
Weather: 83 and Cloudy
UAB: Nothing new of note.
Louisiana: Star linebacker Ferrod Gardner is questionable with an undisclosed injury and is questionable for Friday night.
UAB: Ranked #39 in total offense and #17 in total defense.
Louisiana: Ranked #35 in both total offense and defense.
Biggest Storyline: Will Louisiana’s subpar passing attack be able to get anything going against UAB’s #5 ranked passing defense?
Notes: I find this line very sketchy. that makes me want to take the home dawg as I am Leaning UAB.
7) #3 Notre Dame (-10, O/U 43) @ Pittsburgh
Weather: 56 and Cloudy
Pittsburgh: Starting QB Kenny Pickett Questionable with ankle injury and its not looking likely he will play.
Notre Dame: Starting OL Josh Lugg out with an ankle injury.
Pittsburgh: Ranked #49 in total offense and #7 in total defense.
Notre Dame: Ranked #23 in total offense and #11 in total defense.
- Can Notre Dame’s #7 Ranked rushing attack get anything going against the #1 ranked rushing defense in the nation in Pittsburgh?
- If Kenny Pickett cannot go, will Pittsburgh be able to hold their own with Freshman Joey Yellen.
Notes: I honestly hate this game. The spread is sketchy, and the total is even sketchier. Id say monitor the game and if Pickett cannot go, lay the points with Notre dame.
- Fields Massive College Football Futures Blog - August 27, 2021
- The Open Championship Preview and Predictions - July 14, 2021
- PGA Championship Preview and Predictions - May 19, 2021
Leave a Reply